Friday, January 11, 2013

Shoulder tap

I was quickly checking Facebook the other day and came across a quote that resonated with me, especially since this past weekend I did the opposite of what it says; but that is another post for another day. 
Just because the past taps you on the shoulders, doesn't mean you have to look back.
 
Most days I do pretty well staying in the present, focusing on today, and not allowing "yesterday to hold today or tomorrow hostage".  However, there are days when I can feel the past tapping me on the shoulder, when I can feel Satan trying to get me to feel the awful hurt and worthlessness that I felt.  I have found that I can turn to the Lord and honestly tell him that I am struggling with those feelings and to please bless me with His grace in handling these feelings.  I can't expect Him to take it every time I ALLOW those feelings to take over my mind, my heart, my day.  I need to make every conscious effort to keep from allowing myself to "look back" and allow those thoughts and feelings in.  By letting the thoughts in I am not allowing the Lord to bless me with His grace, with His strength and peace.

1 comment:

  1. Great saying! I can feel so much strength in your posts. Thank you:)

    ReplyDelete